Friday, March 18, 2011

Beautiful Days and Robins

Today is one of those days that even before I opened my eyes I knew was going to be great.  Even though some guy flipped me off at a stop sign because he thought I wasn't going to stop, it couldn't ruin my good mood.  It started yesterday..I HEARD A ROBIN.. This is the day I wait for all winter long.  As soon as I realize they've left, its the saddest day.  I love their song, I love seeing them jump around the yard, I love to see them fly around the trees and sit upon the wire and tree branches singing away.  Well, yesterday I heard one, for sure.  I thought I had been hearing one for a few days previous, but I couldn't be sure, it was too far in the distance and too intermittent.  Anyone who is close to me, or a good friend, experiences my joy with me.  They all hear about it - I practically shriek it to them!!
To celebrate my delight I filled the bird-feeders this morning after I took the kidlet to school. *note to self - buy more birdseed* and wandered around the still very crunchy garden looking at what needed doing when it warms up more.  The hubby has LOTS to do!!
There's nothing better than a great treat, especially when things look like there's no end - like winter.  I love that I have a God who brings special treats that are often tailored just for me, but are shared by many, to our world.  The return of robins in early spring mean so much, its hope and its blessings and it says I love you.  It happens every year, but you never know exactly when, and its always a surprise - a treat.

Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment